Pages


Thursday, June 30, 2011

June 25th, 2011

We celebrated Kevin's 25th birthday this last Saturday with homemade cinnimon rolls, some boogy boarding, parasailing, dinner at Joe's Crab Shack in Newport Beach and some delicious cake!!

Lets start with the cinnimon rolls. I found this recipe on a blog that I stalk (follow) called Sweetapolita and decided that since Kevin loves cinnimon rolls that I give it a whirl. They came out amazing!! I didnt use the cream cheese recipe listed because I had my own but I bet hers is just as amazing as the cinnimon rolls were.





Next was parasailing...OMG so scary but SOOOO fun!! I would go again in a heart beat. The "dip" your toes...more like dunk the bottom half of you ;) Our friend Daniel got to go with us. Havent seen that guy in awile and it was very nice to catch up.


After parasailing, we all went to Joe's Crab Shack for some dinner. I had a spiked strawberry lemonade. YUM!!! And for dinner had coconut shrimp, YUMMY YUM YUM!


So, since it was Kevin's birthday we had to humilate him a little ;) The waitress made him dress up as a cop; hat, gun and everything, and go around saying "Its my birthday, BANG BANG!!"


After dinner, even though we were stuffed to the brim, we had the cake I had slaved in the kitchen for the past two days. This one was tough considering I had never made a 3D skydiver stand up on a cake with a parachute. It turned out ok, but we had to quickly take the picture before the lil guy fell over. The cake was a Chocolate Devileds Food from Sweetapolita and it was layered with a cookies and cream buttercream from another blog I follow called The Winsome Girl. The buttercream on the outside was just a standard buttercream from a recipe I have.



Picture was blurry but it tasted AMAZING!!! Thanks to these two blogs for their amazing recipes!!!











No comments:

Post a Comment